Learn more about Bridging Grammar to Writing
Crafting sentences can be challenging--even for good writers. But with a knowledge of sentence structures and guided opportunities to apply it, students can learn how to purposefully craft their sentences and life the level of their writing.
Once Alice Nine takes her students through Grammar Boot Camp (available at academy.alicenine.net), she uses a ten-minute* routine that she developed to teach sentence level writing and use to support student gains in both reading and writing. You can use this routine daily to
- Notice grammar purposefully whether reading or writing
- Learn to analyze the structure of a sentence
- Practice the use of conventions of writing
- Develop editing and revising skills
- Teach without workbooks and worksheets
- Blend into your core ELA instruction
How do I enroll?
Request a Quote from Alice Nine
This contact link is on our Academy.AliceNine.net site. To request
a quote: Include your full name, position, school, district, and
address. Also include the number of educators by grade level that will
be part of this quote.
*This is a ten-minute routine because it is the time allotted to it, not because everything in the routine can be done in ten minutes.